cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP serial number report

rsaramaga
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to get a report from our wireless controllers ( 5508 and 2504 ) of all connected waps and thier respective serial numbers.

This I don't think should be a difficult task but cannot find anywhere how to do this.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Please try sh ap inventory

WCS has an AP report that shows the serial numbers for all of the APs.  I could not find any command that list out the serial numbers:

Just AN iDEA: Download a WCS trial version and you can pull an inventory report.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

ahh  we are having a prime infrastrusture install starting next week.  maybe then we can grab it once that is completed.

Thanks!

Hi Rob,
It is easy and quick to get the inventory list of APs from PI.
Procedure:
Login to PI then go to:
Report>Device>Inventory

Then click on new.
Choose report type : AP's
Just below that customized tab is there, click on that and choose the data field to include.

Then RUN

Regards
Pease rate helpful post. If u r satisfied with answer then marked this question as answered.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you so much for this instruction.  We had a site go down last night due to expiration of serial certificates on the APs.  Needed serial numbers for all APs to check all other sites across the country to be sure of their expiration status.  You made it easy for me.  Thanks!

Thanks a lot. It worked for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card