Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: One Management with Prime Infrastructure 1.2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Tejas Shah

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions from Cisco expert Tejas Shah on One Management with Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Combining the wireless functionality of Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) with the wired functionality of Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS),  Cisco Prime Infrastructure simplifies and automates many of the day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining and managing the end-to-end network infrastructure from a single pane of glass. The new converged solution delivers all of the existing wireless capabilities for RF management, user access visibility, reporting, and troubleshooting along with wired lifecycle functions such as discovery, inventory, configuration and image management, automated deployment, compliance reporting, integrated best practices, and reporting.

Tejas Shah is a senior technical marketing engineer for Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Collaboration products. He has deployed Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager at various customer sites to help customers monitor and troubleshoot their video infrastructure. In addition, he is part of the Network Operations Center team at Cisco Live events for six years. Shah joined Cisco in 1995 and was in the Technical Assistance Center team supporting various network management system products for more than six years.

Remember to use the rating system to let Tejas know if you have received an adequate response. 

Tejas might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Wireless Mobility sub-community discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through Sept 21, 2012. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

35 Replies 35

Hello Abdulkerim,

It seems like you are not using the absolute path for perl and restorebackup.pl files.   Please add the absolute path as mentioned in the URL below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a00805af1df.html

If you still run into issues, you need to talk to TAC and collect some logs.

Hope this helps,

Tejas

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded to 1.2 from NCS 1.1.1.24 and I don't have access to the dashboardm as it says I don't have access to the page 'Monitoring Dashboards'. How do I get around this?

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Also, how do I get the same look and feel of NCS? I used to have monitor and configure menu tabs across the top but now I have design, deploy and operate. Is there a way to get the old options back?

As an addition to this, I have an option to choose the classic view when I log in as root, but not when I go in via TACACS+. The TACACS+ users are part of the root group so I don't why there's a difference.

Very Interesting !!  I'm not aware of this one.  Let me look into this. 

thanks for sharing.. I'll get back to you on this by today..

Absolutely.. You can hover over the username on the top right corner, you should see a link for "Classic View".  This changes the menu to give your NCS look/feel.

Hope this helps,

Tejas

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card