Views
Helpful
Replies

Assign different SSID to radio on dual band AP

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a 2602i joined to a 5508 (7.5) and was wondering whether it was possible to assign different SSID to each radio.

E.G  SSID-A = 2.4GHz and SSID-B = 5GHz on a per AP basis.

There was a featured call WLAN override on earlier controllers, but can't seem to find the option on the 5508

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As long as you create these two SSID only to advertise from this single AP, then yes you can do this. If this is the case you can define these two SSID, using WLAN ID greate than 16 (eg WLAN ID 21 fro SSID-A &  WLAN-ID 22 for SSID-B). Then create a AP group and add these WLAN with given radio policy restriction & your AP to this group.

But if these SSID needs to be advertise by other APs as well (without this radio policy restriction), then it cannot be done.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

When you configuring WLAN, you can set a radio policy under WLAN general tab. So SSID-A you can set it t0 802.11g only & for SSID-B you can set it to 802.11a only.

This will be WLAN specific & affect all the APs.

HTH

Rasika

I wanted it for a single AP, is that possible

As long as you create these two SSID only to advertise from this single AP, then yes you can do this. If this is the case you can define these two SSID, using WLAN ID greate than 16 (eg WLAN ID 21 fro SSID-A &  WLAN-ID 22 for SSID-B). Then create a AP group and add these WLAN with given radio policy restriction & your AP to this group.

But if these SSID needs to be advertise by other APs as well (without this radio policy restriction), then it cannot be done.

HTH

Rasika

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card