Views
Helpful
Replies

Association response status 204

fpdkikken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the association response 204 is from the access points perspective?
See output below.

*apfMsConnTask_7: Sep 27 15:23:47.167: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** Processing assoc-req station:**MAC-ADDRESS*** AP:***AP-MAC***-00 ssid : ***** thread:1c5949e0
*apfMsConnTask_7: Sep 27 15:23:47.167: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** Station: **MAC-ADDRESS*** trying to join WLAN with RSSI 200. Checking for XOR roam conditions on AP: ***AP-MAC*** Slot: 0
*apfMsConnTask_7: Sep 27 15:23:47.167: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** Station: **MAC-ADDRESS*** is associating to AP 0***AP-MAC*** which is not XOR roam capable
*apfMsConnTask_7: Sep 27 15:23:47.167: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** Association received from mobile on BSSID ***BSSID*** AP ***NAME*** denied for non-optimized neighbor
*apfMsConnTask_7: Sep 27 15:23:47.167: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** Sending assoc-resp with status 204 station:**MAC-ADDRESS*** AP:***AP-MAC***-00 on apVapId 1
*apfMsConnTask_7: Sep 27 15:23:47.167: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** Sending Assoc Response to station on BSSID ***BSSID*** (status 204) ApVapId 1 Slot 0
*osapiBsnTimer: Sep 27 15:23:48.614: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** apfMsExpireCallback (apf_ms.c:638) Expiring Mobile!
*apfReceiveTask: Sep 27 15:23:48.615: [PA] **MAC-ADDRESS*** apfSendDisAssocMsgDebug (apf_80211.c:3694) Changing state for mobile **MAC-ADDRESS*** on AP ***AP-MAC*** from Disassociated to Disassociated

This error is retreived from client debugging and is originated out of an incident where the client is trying to connect to the wireless network. When trying to connect; the client receives (at random attempts) a "password is incorrect message". while other attempts are successfull in joining the same WLAN.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for the responce. After your answer i've created a case with TAC and they told me it was only cosmetic. the client debug interperter show the normal rssi values :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

There is no such code for assoc response in the same way that there is no such rssi value:

"trying to join WLAN with RSSI 200"

The higher rssi sensitivity for cisco AP is 102 dBm.

Something weird is happening there.

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for the responce. After your answer i've created a case with TAC and they told me it was only cosmetic. the client debug interperter show the normal rssi values :)

Hi,

Excellent.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card