cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block P2P traffic on Cisco 5508 Controller

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to block outside P2P traffic on a guest wireless network using an ACL on the controller?  I know we can do it our firewall but the question came up so I thought I would post and see what everyone thinks.  TIA

6 Replies 6

Dirk Woellhaf
Level 1
Level 1

What you can do is, to block P2P traffic inside a SSID.

Can be configured on a per-SSID basis.

regards,

Dirk

regards, Dirk (Please rate if helpful)

skelley5000
Level 1
Level 1

I believe on the WLC under the WLAN you are referring to, click on the Advance tab and there is a P2P blocking action. I believe that will help you out with what you are wanting to do.

Thanks

Thanks to all who replied.  I already restrict P2P for the SSID.  I was curious about blocking internet/outside P2P.

Again Thanks!

Yes, ACLs can be applied to the WLC. I might suggest moving the ACL to the closest point, the FW if you are concern about internet traffic.

ACLs on Wireless LAN Controllers: Rules, Limitations, and Examples

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00807ce372.shtml

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks for all the info and the link.  It is very helpful.

No problem. Stop back if you have any other issues or questions.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: