cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access prime ncs via web interface after db reinitdb

denverelway
Level 1
Level 1

I was having some problem witch prime infrastructure 1.3, so i decided to do a ncs db reinitdb (after backin up ncs). So evererthing went well and after the operation, i am unable to access the web interface. I change the root password but even after this, i'm still unable to log in! I also rebooted several time, but still no success. I need some help!

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does the show application status NCS show.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Here is what i get:

Health Monitor Server is running.

Reporting Server is running

Ftp Server is running

Database server is running

Tftp Server is running

Matlab Server is running

NMS Server is running.

SAM Daemon is running ...

DA Daemon is running ...

Syslog Daemon is running ...

status

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the web service is running.

NMS Server is running.

You might just want to open a TAC case for this and hopefully get it fixed without have inf to rebuild another one.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

If you are good with Linux, you can go to the root shell and you will see that the IP address you set will not show up. Instead you will still see the default IP. The disparity in IP is what is affecting the GUI from working. Best you open a TAC ticket as suggested.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Do the following in the root shell (Note you have to be handy with Linux commands)

-    go into /opt/CSCOlumos/logs

-    Open nms_launchout.log and you may notice that the application is trying to open a socket on an IP that was different from the actual IP of the device.

-    go into /opt/CSCOlumos/conf and edit messaging.conf with the correct IP address

-    Restart services

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Logging into Cisco Prime Infrastructure for the First Time

Once the Cisco Prime Infrastructure server has been installed and configured, it is now ready to be accessed from the web. The server URL would be https://server_hostname or https://ip.ad.dr.ess. In Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3, login using the following credential for the very first time:

Username: root

Password:

After the server has been configured, it is advisable to log in with a non-root user to keep the root user for system level configurations as and when needed. More updated information can be found at Prime Infrastructure 1.3 Quick Start Guide at Logging into the Prime Infrastructure User Interface

denverelway
Level 1
Level 1

None of the solutions above worked!

The TAC looked at it and the problem seem to be a little bit complicated.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi,

I described a solution to a similar problem as yours and it worked for some people. The link is below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2201565?tstart=0

I have also described the steps below:

Please do the following:

1. Go to root shell by typing root and enter the password

2. Go to the home directory by typing /opt then hit enter

3. Enter cd CSCOlumos

4. Enter cd conf

5. enter ls to list the files

6. You will see messaging.properties. To view this file, enter cat messaging.properties

7. Check the IP address that shows to make it isn't different from the IP address that you had configured

8. If different, edit the file by typing vi messaging.properties and hit enter

9. press i to allow you to insert. Move the cursor to the line that you want to change and type in the correct IP address

10. Press ESC, the escape key to leave the VI editor.

11. Press the colon (:) key then type wq. That is ":wq". This will save the file and exit

12. type cat messaging.properties to view the file and verify the changes were effected.

If this solves your problem, mark question as answered so that others can learn.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card