Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access prime ncs via web interface

isaac modikwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am have an issue where I cant access my Cisco Prime NCS 1.2 via web browser, I think the port is not open (80, 443).

Please note that this is the physical Server from Cisco not and installed version.

regards

Isaac Modikwe

30 Replies 30

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the console or if you can ssh, issue the following:

show application status NCS

The word NCS is case sensitive. Make sure everything is running and that you can pin the gateway. I'm assuming that you went through the initial startup wizard and configured all the settings?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi

Thanks for the reply please see the below;

bafcivncs/Admin# ncs status

Health Monitor is running, with an error.

failed to start NCS on startup Health Monitor

Reporting Server is running

Ftp Server is running

Database server is running

Tftp Server is running

Matlab Server is running

NMS Server is stopped.

SAM Daemon is running ...

DA Daemon is running ...

Syslog Daemon is running ...

status

It's not running right. Have you tried stopping and restarting it? ("ncs stop", then "ncs start") If that doesn't work and you have good backups, you can stop, reboot, and see if it comes back up. Otherwise, TAC call to do debugging as to why the NMS portion isn't starting. Also note that after rebooting the appliance, it can take a long time (15 minutes?) for all the services to properly start, so give it a while before poking at it.

This is required to be running for the GUI

NMS Server is stopped.

Like tvol mentioned, try to stop and start NCS and then issue a show application status NCS.  If its still stopped, power cycle the VM or the Appliance.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the stop start didn't help

please make sure to backup logs and uploade them here.

ncs/admin# backup-logs mybackup repository myrepository

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Don't forget to rate correct answers

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Haha... I should if done that myself. So I was doing a WCS to NCS 1.0 upgrade (due to the license), but was going to to to PI 1.3. I was able to export and import the data to NCS 1.1.1.24 (VM). Then I tried to upgrade to 1.2, so I patched it and did the upgrade... Well the GUI never came up, the NMM was always stopped. I tried this many time since I reverted to a good snapshot prior to the upgrade. Well after 4 times of it failing, I said, "screw it." I tried upgrading to PI 1.3 and after the upgrade, NMM also was stopped and I couldn't get that to start so I then reverted back to my NCS 1.1.1.24 snapshot. I installed the NCS 1.1.1.24 patch and went directly to PI 1.3. After the upgrade, everything can up fine. So what happened... Well I probably should of looked at the logs and saved them to my FTP repository, but I didn't.

So that's my late night story from yesterday:)

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I had the same problem too. But mine was when I tried to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3

I patched the 1.2.1.12 update and then do the upgrade to 1.3. After that I couldn't connect to the GUI. "ncs status" outputs show no service running

So, anybody has a solution yet?

So I just ran into an issue on my home lab. I bumped up the ram to 16gb and also had to increase the virtual processor to 8. Then I did the following:

NCS stop
NCS cleanup
NCS start

If that doesn't work then try this

NCS stop
NCS DB reinitdb
NCS start

When you do a reinitdb, you will basically start from scratch except you will still have your license. So you will need to add the controller etc back.

-Scott

Thanks a lot, i have to do these steps:

NCS stop
NCS cleanup
NCS start

NCS stop
NCS DB reinitdb
NCS start

ncs password root password Private123

finally, Login as root works

Glad you got it working:)

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I am also having this issue.

The device is brand new.

I have rebooted,

I have carried out the following steps:

NCS stop
NCS cleanup
NCS start

NCS stop
NCS DB reinitdb
NCS start

each time with the same result:

sh application status NCS

Health Monitor is running, with an error.

failed to start NCS on startup Health Monitor

Reporting Server is running

Ftp Server is running

Database server is running

Tftp Server is running

Matlab Server is running

NMS Server is stopped.

SAM Daemon is running ...

DA Daemon is running ...

Syslog Daemon is running ...

status

I can ping the gateway and DNS/NTP servers.

What could be wrong with NCS? I have 2 x prime hardware devices, both are showing exactly the same symptoms.

Brian

There is an issue with some Prime appliances when delivered from factory. The problem is usually caused by the fact that the management IP address that you set has no effect because the GUI still sees the default IP address that was hard coded. If you are goo with Linux, go to the root shell of the NCS and renove the default IP. Otherwise open a TAC case to resolve the problem

If this is a new appliance and you have no data on it yet:::

Go to the link below to download the .iso file, burn it to a DL DVD using something like freeisoburner then reimage the appliance

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284652876&softwareid=284272932&release=1.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all

There is a known bug and a workaround is to fix edit a file from root (root_enable)

update the file /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/messaging.properties with the correct ipaddress.

Or you can do what Rob said :-)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

reload in 25 years
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card