Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Login to WLC 5520

Guys,

After I Added entry's for Tacacs in WLC, it is no longer accessible, with Tacacs user as well as with Local, Please help.

Software Version : 8.2.100.0

Regards

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tacacs for the WLC requires specific shell profiles if using ACS. When you set the management priority did you set it for tacacs then local?  The only way to change it back is to take the tacacs server temporarily out of service (block connectivity to and from the controller), or shut the ports from the network and the controller. The controller as longs as it's getting a response from tacacs will not let you in, but once it doesn't get a response, will use local. 

This will give you time to look at your tacacs polices and do more testing. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

This worked. Looks like a bug with existing version, i was able to login to my other controllers with tacacs .

CSCO12079629
Level 1
Level 1

Late response. You just need to remove the WCL's IP in TACACS/ISE then fix what's wrong then re-add it back to ISE. with it removed, the WLC will fail back to local creds while you fix. I am going through the same thing now and will begin looking at shell profiles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: