Views
Helpful
Replies

Cast across vlans wired or wireless

troy.hart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Our team has been tasked with creating a vlan to allow wireless or wired devices to cast to our ClearTouch panels that would either be wired or wireless. I want to be able to cast from a wireless or wired device with the software we use. How can I cast to it if I am wireless, knowing that a wired device can cast to it? Remember, My ClearTouch is connecting wireless on the network and we are using software name ( Collage) strictly for ClearTouch Panels. The vlan is tagged in the WLC on the ssid the ClearTouch is connecting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some of these cast devices need to be on the same VLAN to work, some will allow routing , some can use multicast.

What is the vendor requirement? If they have to be on the same VLAN you need to map the WLAN to the same wired VLAN but in a college from experience this will not be practical.

You really want a cast device that supports multicast and configure multicast one the wireless and wired networks, or a cast device that supports direct IP connection (DNS) and can cross VLANs/ Subnets

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some of these cast devices need to be on the same VLAN to work, some will allow routing , some can use multicast.

What is the vendor requirement? If they have to be on the same VLAN you need to map the WLAN to the same wired VLAN but in a college from experience this will not be practical.

You really want a cast device that supports multicast and configure multicast one the wireless and wired networks, or a cast device that supports direct IP connection (DNS) and can cross VLANs/ Subnets

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card