Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9800 Telemetry coral connection failure

tsgruu2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

After adding a 9800-CL to Prime I got a critical alarm. Does somebody know the reason for this?

Catalyst 9800 Telemetry coral connection failure for device IP 10.1.51.11. Please check the coral connection.

Many Thanks!

Regards, Urs

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does your Prime version (including device packs if needed) ; support the catalyst 9800 ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

The alarm showed up right after installing Patch2 and the actual Device Pack.

- If the Device Pack should support or is intended to support the 9800 consider this being a bug , report to TAC.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ufuk 57
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem.

device packs are not available

to my infrastructure, I have a fresh installation of cisco prime infra. 3.6 und the cisco wlc 9800 16.10.01e (recommanded by cisco)

thanks and regards..

Same here with

"Catalyst 9800 Telemetry coral connection
failure for device IP x.x.x.x. Please
check the coral connection."

Prime Infr. Build 3.8.0.0.310, PI 3.8 Update 02, Prime Infrastructure 3.8 Device Pack 1

and

C9800-CL 17.3.1

Controller listed in Prime but were are no APs from that wlc.

Regards

For 17.3 you need PI 3.8MR1 - as documented on the release notes 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-3/release-notes/rn-17-3-9800.html

We have a EFT image we can give you. You can contact your account manager to sign you in or open a TAC SR so we can give you the link. 

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Thank you for reply,

after my post, we've seen in 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-550562

, too, that we have to wait for MR1 release. Could you mention a release date for the MR1?

Regards

we run into the same issue PI 3.8 Patch2

is there an ETA for the official release date for MR1?

Hello,

with 3.8.1 MR1 (installed in September) everything runs fine in our installation. Controller and APs shown in Prime.

Thx and Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: