Views
Helpful
Replies

CCKM question

sandiecharles1
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I have a question about CCKM, do I need to deploy CCKM compliant hardware, or will my existing hardware work with a CCKM enabled set of AP's? My customer uses WPA2 with CCKM on their network. My wireless hardware knows nothing of CCKM it can accomodate WPA2 protocols, and to that end works well.

thanks

Sandie

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes the hardware you deploy needs to be CCX compatible to be able to utilize CCKM. 

www.cisco.com/go/ccx

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

If you choose cckm your client needs to support it or it won't connect. On the WLC you can select 802.1X and CCKM .. This way you can cover both ..

I will mention I have seen issues with this setting on some clients ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes the hardware you deploy needs to be CCX compatible to be able to utilize CCKM. 

www.cisco.com/go/ccx

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

I do have a followup question, will my device connect if it doesn't have CCKM and I do not want to utilize it?

thanks

Sandie

If you choose cckm your client needs to support it or it won't connect. On the WLC you can select 802.1X and CCKM .. This way you can cover both ..

I will mention I have seen issues with this setting on some clients ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks for supporting the rating system!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: