Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate for WLC

Hey gents,

Hope you can help me out here. I need to renew the cert in our wireless LAN control for guest access. Our guest wireless does loging authentication through redirection... users just need to enter the ssid and connect and fire up their brower to go to any website, then the WLC direct them to our internal web site. nothing else is need. I believe the redirect is done through the VIP of the controller which is 1.1.1.1! And it appears to me this IP is being used on the internet at the moment!

I had a public site cert on the controller but it has been expired and boss does not want to spend money at the moment. And most of the newer browser does not give the advance option to proceed anyway. Therefore, it become painful to have to go to broswer setting...

Tried an internal cert signed by our internal CA which of course does not work. Wondering if you guys have any suggestion or workaround for this.

Also tried a publicly signed wild card which still does not work!

tahnks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ammahend
VIP
VIP

you change change the VIP to 192.0.2.x range and If you don't want to spend, regenerate webauth self signed cert and use it, users will get certificate warning, but it will work. If you are willing to spend some money.

generate a CSR from WLC CLI and get is signed by Public CA and install it on WLC.

certificate generate csr-webauth ....

I am curious why your wildcard cert did not work .. can you elaborate steps that you did to get the wildcard cert on WLC ?

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ammahend
VIP
VIP

you change change the VIP to 192.0.2.x range and If you don't want to spend, regenerate webauth self signed cert and use it, users will get certificate warning, but it will work. If you are willing to spend some money.

generate a CSR from WLC CLI and get is signed by Public CA and install it on WLC.

certificate generate csr-webauth ....

I am curious why your wildcard cert did not work .. can you elaborate steps that you did to get the wildcard cert on WLC ?

-hope this helps-

I did change it to 10.10.x.x. but still no luck!

Any other ideas

thanks

read the reply again, I don’t know where 10.10.x.x came from 

-hope this helps-
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card