cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing AP Default Credentials in CLI Template

c-anderson.6
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to change the default enable password on our AP's through a CLI template in Prime 3.2...we have almost 800 AP's so was wanting to do it through a template...I see in the System Templates there is an Enable Password-IOS but none of my AP's show up only switches...anyone have any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Jonas Kalldert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The AP credentials is changed on the WLC and will affect ether all APs or specific AP depending on what you want.

For all APs.

config ap mgmtuser add username user password password enablesecret enable_password all

For specific AP.

config ap mgmtuser add username user password password enablesecret enable_password Cisco_AP

See:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-2/config-guide/b_cg82/b_cg82_chapter_01101110.html

regards,
Jonas
**Don't forget to rate helpful posts**

As @Jonas Kalldert said, You can change the credentials through WLC for global or specific access point.

Here you go for how to do with Cisco Prime:

Configuration -> Templates ->Features & Technologies -> Controller -> System -> AP Username Password

Create a template there and save, then push it to the WLC, where the APs associated.

Username of the AP should be the Template name.

user.jpg

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card