cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing select AP TX Power Level

declan liddy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have some Access Points that have left holes in the coverage, this is mainly on the 2.4 ghz if i change manually change the power levels on these will it affect the power levels of other Access Points that have their power set Globally and cause other problems

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Short answer, if TPC is enabled, then Yes it will affect the other APs and cause problems.
Have you done a wireless survey before installing the APs?

If TPC is enabled, what have you set as Power Threshold and Minimum / Maximum Power Level Assignment?
Do not change those settings before reading about what they do.

Hi I am not where I can look at the TPC setting, it would be what is set out of the box.

There was a certification performed, the 5ghz was fine but some areas the 2.4 was out of -67 scope.

So the controller does not differentiate if power is manually set or global it will adjust the globally set access points as needed

Do you use voice over Wi-Fi services? Otherwise -67 is not really required for a stable signal. But I suggest to have at least -72 dBi at the outer regions of a cell where a person should have a good signal.

You find the TPC settings on the WLC under Wireless - 802.11b/g/n (or a/n/ac) - RRM - TPC.
What are your current settings there?

ammahend
VIP
VIP

how did you determine that there is a coverage hole at 2.4 GHz ?

-hope this helps-
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: