cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1130AG configure for current network.

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, we currently have a network that is 10.110.x.x with (2) Cisco WAP access points setup with vlan configurations which are setup and configured correctly for our environment. These are the AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9.

vlan3 - data (10.110.x.x)

vlan5 - internet

vlan10 - phones (192.168.1.x)

I then have another group of 1130AG access points that I want to configure correctly so they can communicate with our network.

They are currently setup in the 192.168.1.x which is in our phone system range. The vlan configuration is not correct. 

Through the CLI is show them setup as the following;

vlan1 

vlan3 

vlan10

If I go to the Cisco Aironet GUI - I only see the following;

vlan3 - Legacy Data

vlan10 - phones

native vlan? I'm not sure if this applies.

The Model 1130AG's don't seem to be working correctly. 

I have used the CLI quite a bit, but do need some help in this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Kelly

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9

"cap" in the productname suggests these are (originally) capwap AP's, that is lightweight AP's using a controller.

is this correct? if so, these need to be configured from the controller not the aironet web-gui.

native vlan:  if you did not change it, the native vlan will be vlan1

this explains the vlan not being in the web-gui, but present in the cli

both the 2602 and specially the 1130 are older models. it may be advisable to decomission the 1130's

(latest image version 11-Jun-2012 )

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9

"cap" in the productname suggests these are (originally) capwap AP's, that is lightweight AP's using a controller.

is this correct? if so, these need to be configured from the controller not the aironet web-gui.

native vlan:  if you did not change it, the native vlan will be vlan1

this explains the vlan not being in the web-gui, but present in the cli

both the 2602 and specially the 1130 are older models. it may be advisable to decomission the 1130's

(latest image version 11-Jun-2012 )

Hello, the AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9 are currenly configured through the CLI and the Wireless Controller. The Cisco 1130 models have the web interface to the old GUI and CLI configuration.

Unfortunately I am not able to replace the 1130 models yet and will need to get these setup correctly.

All I really want the help with is the (1) AP and I can do the rest.

Thank you,

first a warning about using mixed controller based and stand-alone access points.

you may have issues with roaming between access points. and you need to manually synchronize the stand-alone AP's configuration.

I think a migration to controller-based AP's (2600's) is initiated, but not complete or abandoned for some reason?

what is the current configuration of the 1130AG and what do you need to have changed/added?

Hello,

I mistakenly opened a 2nd ticket on the same issue and this one was the second ticket. I tried to cancel it and was not able to do so. That is why I closed it. 

I am finding that it takes 3 to 4 minutes to connect to the 1130 models for some reason. But once connected it does connect.

I will have to trouble shoot this a little more. If you can tell me anything on why this is, that would be great.

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card