cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 Controller & AES Encryption

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

A wlan on my controller is configured for WPA2, AES encryption and a PSK.  A vendor will supply me with a wireless device for this wlan.  The vendor asks if we use AES 128 or AES 256.  I had always believed we use AES256 but I can't verify this.  How can I verify this to the vendor?  TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Standard is AES/128 this is by IEEE-802.11-2007 and this is what the WLC supports and AS most WLAN equipment.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Standard is AES/128 this is by IEEE-802.11-2007 and this is what the WLC supports and AS most WLAN equipment.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: