Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 wlc guest access

Szabo Tomi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a Cisco 5508 wlc and i would like to create a guest wlan. 

Is it possible by using the WLC the following:

The IT department should be notified in event of guest wifi access request for a new guest computer(MAC), and the IT deparment must approve or decline the request each time ( it can be done maybe by using email or different method ).

Thank you.

Regards,
Tamás
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

My fifty cent. I believe it is possible but this would require a very complex system beside the WLC. Only with WLC it is not possible.   A lot of programmability should be made in order to monitor, log, block or permit and interact with an admin interface.  

Surely can´t be resumed in a blog post. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi,

My fifty cent. I believe it is possible but this would require a very complex system beside the WLC. Only with WLC it is not possible.   A lot of programmability should be made in order to monitor, log, block or permit and interact with an admin interface.  

Surely can´t be resumed in a blog post. 

I understand, and we have any way to check the guest network? forexample email accept. The wlc abel to do it?

The WLC itself for sure have no email service. If you have ISE,  you have much more resource but will not fit your objective either.

Ohh understand, Thank you.
And the final solution. If I create a guest user forexample username test pw test123, the user can connect via test user? and I can delete that user at the end of the day?

You can do that, but don’t you think that will be a burden to someone? If you can manage that workload, I guess that would be your answer.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sure you can. Not friendly but doable. 

I know this isn't friendly, but is not a problem.

Thanks to everyone for your help,

ammahend
VIP
VIP

you will have to use Cisco ISE sponsored guest services, you can tie it with your email server or SMS gateway like twilio for guest notification, if you search you will find many videos and blogs on configuring sponsored guest using ISE.

-hope this helps-
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card