Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Point Air-Lap1242: It wont save config

CSCO12102002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 Air-Lap1242 that wont save their config after reboot.

They are managed by a WLC (4404) and it all seems pretty fine and dandy, but when i reboot them, they dont want to save anything.

I am setting them up as bridges (mesh), and it works until i reboot them, then I have to do it all over again.

Using CLI to type in "write mem" or "copy running-config startup-config" only results in:

"Building configuration... [OK] ->

NVRAM Verification Failed "

Anyone who has any sort of solutions to this? Ive tried to google hard on the subject, but didnt get any wiser.

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't make configurations on the WAP.  That defeats the purpose of controller-based access points.

You make your configuration using the WLC. 

I am aware of that, but it seems that the WLC dont save the config it pushes to the ap.

Thats why i tried CLI also, but with no luck.

What do you mean "WLC dont save the config"???   What are you trying to configure?  How did you verify the WLC isn't saving the config?  Did you click "Apply" and then "Save Configuration"?

When the AP joins the controller, I set up the settings for its intended use, in this example a bridge. (one ap as root, one as mesh).

After everything is filled out, i reload the ap's and all is good. Then i fill in the "mesh"-folder that appears after reload and reload the Ap and once again all is saved on the Ap. If I disconnect the power to them, both Ap's return to factory default.

What firmware is your 4400 running?

It is running 7.0.230.0.

I've used that firmware before and I've never seen this issue.  Can you try upgrading your firmware to 7.0.235.3, please?

SHIBI V DEV
Level 1
Level 1

How APs are getting IP address? Through DHCP or Static. Have you confirmed AP is Joining to Controller and Broadcasting SSID. In the Joining time you can connect to APs Console and take the log of Joining process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card