cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco appliance that can authenticate user & display web access report

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

hi....Do Cisco have an appliance that can authenticate user & display web access report ?

---

Posted by WebUser Aku Apit

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There isn't an all in one appliance. To authenticate users, their is Cisco ACS or ISE that can be tied to AD to authenticate AD users. Then they gave Cisco IronPort that does web filtering and can report on visited web pages, block web sites, etc.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

for your information, for existing network we already have the cisco ACS and we are not using any domain controller such as AD or LDAP..

If we intent to buy the IronPort, should it integrate with Cisco ACS ? How about the reporting? Can it display up to every user internet access?

Currently our top management need information about internet access. How many staff access to youtube / facebook? Are they used it for research & education or playing games?

We need an appliance that can drill down detail user access / layer 7...Please advice

---

Posted by WebUser Aku Apit

If we intent to buy the IronPort, should it integrate with Cisco ACS ?

It doesn't integrate with ACS.  You would use ACS to authenticate users.

How about the reporting? Can it display up to every user internet access?

Yes it does.... I'm not an expert at ironport, but I have seen the reporting and have seen other webfiltering options also. You might want to post any iornport question on the security forum as they might be able to help you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/ironport

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/vpndevc/ps10142/ps10164/web_security_index.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card