Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Integrated Management Control

Hi All,

Currently i have doing project cisco wireless controller in customer, we used WLC 5520 series. I have tried to setup ip address etc, but when i try to access (browse) it look not like wireless controller, it show cisco integrated management controller which mean looks like server or maybe like UCS server.

Actually i new on this. Please let me know about this, Is CIMC can be used for WLC or is something different ? I mean, i must have WLC first so that it can be monitor in CIMC ?

Thank you,

Taufik

3 Replies 3

New model WLCs like 5520, 8540 has the CIMC option to take console of the WLC.  5520 WLC Config Via CIMC

and CIMC Configuration

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Hi Sathiyanarayanan,

I have followed the instructions but there is no WLC display as usual, only CIMC. Can I access it like a WLC display not CIMC display ?

Regards,

Taufik

Hi Taufik,

Have you tried the Troubleshooting Guide ?. Can you please share me the version of your CIMC ?

If you don't required CIMC of the WLC, Directly connect the Console Cable to the WLC console port and start with Configuration.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card