cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.2 Upgrade to 2.3/4

nathanjscott
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to reach out to the community and ask if anyone has run into any bugs or issues when upgrading Cisco ISE 2.2 to Cisco 2.3 or 2.4?  This is specifically with wireless since the environment i'm working in is currently running 2.2.  Any land mines I need to be aware of or that people have run into is appreciated.  Thanks 

4 Replies 4

Hi

This question may be more suitable on the Security guys. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- A more general approach and guidelines to upgrading ISE can be extracted from this thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/ise-2-2-patch-10-upgrade/m-p/3788144

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try posting/ moving this to the Cisco Community ISE Page

You will reach a bigger crowd who deal with ISE not just the wireless interaction. 

There is also a good Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/iseiscool/

the guy who runs it is normally pretty good at answering questions and has done multiple ISE upgrades/ deployments. I think there might even be a few posts on upgrades like yours.

From a wireless side, I haven't seen any bugs following any ISE upgrades (on ISE itself I can't comment). Things I would watch out for is if your using the captive portal on ISE that the page renders correctly after the upgrade

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

We had a recent meeting with our Cisco SE and it was suggested to go from 2.2 into 2.4.  This 2.4 version does not have additional functionalities and is more an improvement of previous versions and bug fixes. He said this version has a much better MNT DB Management which has been a nightmare for us in 2.2. Usually, the upgrade procedure is really straightforward (I have a big deployment with 3495/3595 nodes) with no major issues after implementation. However, if you are using any Endpoint Group for MAB Authentication, I would create a copy of this by exporting the whole ContextV DB and extracting the data you need. Also, create a configuration backup.

I do not know if you have this, but on my case, I have a lab environment with PRIM PAN, PRIM MNT and one PSN VM's running 2.2 and I play with them the upgrade process and test wifi authc

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card