Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE authentications failure

Hi, I'm new to wireless and was wondering if we can know on wich AP a client is trying to connect.

Here's the problem, a user is getting locked in AD because a device keeps trying to connect to the corporate wireless with a bad password.

The only information I can find in ISE are the AD account name,Mac and controller(5500)

Anyone have any idea what I could do ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

Just take the MAC address, paste it into the WLC (you can get this from the ISE), and it should tell you the AP the client is trying to associate with. I am not sure there is a way to view which AP, using the ISE - but I am open to be corrected! 

HTH

Mike

Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Any idea ?

Hi, 

Just take the MAC address, paste it into the WLC (you can get this from the ISE), and it should tell you the AP the client is trying to associate with. I am not sure there is a way to view which AP, using the ISE - but I am open to be corrected! 

HTH

Mike

Mike

Got it! thanks, I just debug client MACaddress and found the AP

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

well only short term solution would be is to block the MAC address for that device.and use Cisco ISE posturing and profiling features to get better control on your network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card