Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISE ISSUE 24206 User disabled

aporcaro01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have here an issue with Cisco ISE. When I create a guest account with the sponsor portal We can´t access the Wlan. On tne Cisco ISE Operations \ Authentications returns the error message  Event "Authentication"  Faulure Reason "24206 User Disabled"  Auth Method "PAP_ASCII"  Authentication Protocol "PAP_ASCII"

In order to fix this issue, what can I do?  I don´t understand why because I can create the user withou error message.

At the sponsor portal the user that I have created doens´t show at the list... 

Any help??

Regards

Adriano

2 Replies 2

radu.ioncu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you using LWA (Local Web Auth) on the WLC or CWA (Central Web Authentication)? From the auth method (PAP-ASCII) it looks like LWA. What WLC model do you have?

Check that the guest is "activated" and if they are required to change their password upon first login.

Radu

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Select the affected account and click Reinstate.

It is possible, that your sponsor account does not have the permission to Reinstate/Suspend accounts. Check/change this in your ISE admin page:

- Go to Administration > Guest Management > Sponsor Groups.

- Click the Sponsor Group your sponsor account is a member of to edit.

- Select tab Authorization Levels: view/modify the permission listed for the option Suspend/reinstate Accounts.

ref: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11431386/ise-guest-user-problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card