cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Linksys WRP 400 (VOICE reset psw and login HOW)

melhev001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Tell me please. How to reset the password and login menu VOICE on the router Cisco Linksys WRP400. Resetting to factory settings did not help

Здравствуйте скажите пожалуйста. Как сбросить пароль и логин в меню VOICE на роутере. Сброс на заводские настройки не помогли

2 Replies 2

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I mi found the following info at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10874991/linksys-wrp400-voice-configuration

"Once you access the Voice Admin menu and provision your device for your VoIP provider, access to the Voice menu is subsequently "Locked". 

• Your VoiP provider's system has set a new unique password for the Voice menu once the provisioned device has synced with your providers system.
  • You should be able to get that password from the control panel on you VoIP account profile under "equipment" or a call to support or an e-mail request should garner the password.
  • The Login will be "admin" and the password provided will get you back into Voice menu system.

You will also need this password if you want to reset the Voice features back to factory defaults.  Because of this system it appears that a WRP400 cannot be unlocked by merely using the reset button. "

Hope this helps

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do I access the WRP400 if I forget my password?
By default, the User and Admin accounts have no password. If the ITSP set the password for either account and you do not know what it is, you need to contact the ITSP. If the password for the user account was configured after you received the WRP400, you can reset the device to the user factory default, which preserves any provisioning completed by the ITSP. If the Admin account needs to be reset, you have to perform a full factory reset, which also erases any provisioning.
To reset the WRP400 to the factory defaults, perform the following steps:
1.   Connect an analog phone to the WRP400 and access the IVR by pressing ****.
2.   Press the appropriate code to reset the unit:
•Press 877778# to reset the unit to the defaults as it shipped from the ITSP. This will reset the User account password to the default of blank.
•Press 73738# to perform a full reset of unit to the factory default settings. The Admin account password will be reset to the default of blank.
3.   Press 1 to confirm the operation, or press * to cancel the operation.
4.   Login to the unit using the User or Admin account without a password and reconfigure the unit as necessary.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card