Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.2, how to add LWAPP AP?

CiscoBro
Level 1
Level 1

I am running cisco prime version 2.2.

How can i add Lightweight AP?

I see that switches and WLAN controllers are added, but the AP's /Radio is not showing up.

But when i punch in the ip address of an AP, prime finds it but says device Unknown.

Please see the pictures for reference.

How can i fix this?

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check if cisco prime and WLC version are compatible or not!!!

Table7: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-148410

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Prime version 2.2 supports WLC version 8.0.15x.0.

But our WLC's are version 8.5.

Upgrading prime from 2.2 requires gen2 appliance but we only have gen 1,  PRIME- NCS-APL-K9

appliance.

What do I do now?

Hi

You dont need to add AP on Prime. If the WLC is fully managed, then, all AP will show up on the 

Monitor / Managed Elements / Network Devices / Unified AP

Make sure WLC has the Admin status as  Managed on Prime. "AP discovery Status" as complete. AP Count must reflect the amount of AP you should have.

then, go to Monitor / Managed Elements / Network Devices / Unified AP and see if APs show up there.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

The Controller Admin status shows managed, but AP count still shows zero.

But the weird thing is, when i search the AP by name, prime finds it and shows that the device type is 3750 switch.

and when i search by client mac, prime finds it but tells that the device type is WLC.

Please see attached pic.

Bump

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card