Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infraestructure email notification

jhony.pardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have configured Cisco Prime Infraestructure to get email notifications. Problem is that we are getting alerts for all controllers and APs

configured in Prime, and some of them are managed by another team, so I would like to know if it could be possible to configure some kind

of filter to get the alerts only for controllers we are interested?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Jhony Pardo

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can go to Operate | Alarms and Events and then click on an alram and click Email Notification from there you can enable or disable some alarms and set the email.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

For reference:

1-29-2014 1-09-29 PM.jpg

Here is another thread regarding specific alarms only which may not be possible:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2264131?tstart=0

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best bet is to create different virtual domains on PI, this way your different groups can see only their devices and can be alerted on their own devices.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott

I have not a good understanding how virtual domain it can helps. How do you suggest using virtual domains?

In my case there are only three administrators in the network and they are not interested about getting email notifications from the ports connecting end users in access switches, but they are interested about uplink ports notifications and CPU, memory, environment from the same switches.

Hope your support.

Marcelo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card