Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 sizing

Hello All,

I have read the system requirements for CPI 1.2, and I talks about a small, medium, large and extra-large OVA, however it doesnt offer any details about how many devices can I manage with each one.

Can you help with any guidelines about this. I'm particularly interested in knowing the requeriments for a 500 devices (only lifecycle) deployment.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

It is on the datasheet, table 3. 500 is considered small.

Table 3.

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Scalability

*  A device constitutes a supported device type. NAM management requires  the Assurance feature set and a maximum of 40 NAMs can be supported.

** Events are either syslogs or SNMP traps received from managed network devices.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Highlighted
Beginner

It is on the datasheet, table 3. 500 is considered small.

Table 3.

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Scalability

*  A device constitutes a supported device type. NAM management requires  the Assurance feature set and a maximum of 40 NAMs can be supported.

** Events are either syslogs or SNMP traps received from managed network devices.

View solution in original post

Participant

A personal observation; In PI 1.1, with the small ova we were running around 300 AP's and I had noticable slowness and issues.  At that time, TAC mentioned that I should go with the medium as it was a known problem  Now, despite being on 1.2 and alot of the issues resolved (and now new ones), if faced with the need to start over and I could spare the hardware, I would still go with the medium.   My personal opinion is that Cisco VM's require way to much.  On the other hand, knowing that it's relying on a built in Oracle DB, which from my experience with virtual servers, databases in VM = bad, it's understandable.  Not everyone agrees with this point from vm gurus to db geniuses, and I'm not a professional vm guy, just play one on tv, but personally i shove as much hardware as I can afford from my host at it if it's a db in a vm.  This comes from being in an enterprise with multiple oracle db's in multiple vm environments.  My 2cents.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

August's Community Spotlight Awards