Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.x and JAVA

ciscoprolin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

is it correct hat Cisco Prime Infrastructure does no longer have a JAVA Server included (as had been the case with its predecessor LMS Prime) ? It should all be HTML5-based, right ?

Thanks and best regards,

Thorsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's also running Oracle Database. I'm pretty sure the licensing for Oracle is already included in the price of the Prime, we never had to pay anything besides the Cisco service contract.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think it also uses Flash a lot and JavaScript. It's still running Java though.
In any case, it's an appliance (physical or virtual), which you simply power on, set some parameters and done. Upgrades are done through built-in features in the Appliance web-interface or CLI. You (normally) never access the Linux console.

Here the output from top (just the first line):

27849 prime     20   0 12.3g 6.8g 129m S 153.0 43.4  14532:55 java

Thanks for this information. We were asking because Oracle has started to charge a fee for the Oracle JDK / JRE since release 11 and if a JAVA server is included in Cisco Prime our question is if the use of the Oracle JRE 11 or later is covered by this license then.

Thanks.

It's also running Oracle Database. I'm pretty sure the licensing for Oracle is already included in the price of the Prime, we never had to pay anything besides the Cisco service contract.

Great thanks. Sounds good.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card