cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - Is there a report of unused switch ports?

lukeberkheiser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a report in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.4 showing the unused switch ports?

There used to be one in Cisco Prime LMS (Reclaim Unused Up/Down Ports Report).

Thank you,

Luke

34 Replies 34

Guess they sell more switchports this way (sarcasm:(

It is such a useful report that I might LMS 4.2 hanging in there.

Hi Jonas,

I just recently installed a Cisco UCS running Prime Infrastructure 3.1.4 like you and I required the same kind of report. Did you get something from Cisco? If not, please let me know. I will open a TAC Case in the meantime and post the results in here.

I'm preparing to upgrade a test platform to 3.1.5 and haven't seen any reference to this report in any release notes. It's a real shame because it was possibly the most useful report in LMS so I can't believe someone from the Prime development team hasn't thought to include it in P.I.

As a general information, version 3.2 is coming soon and that will include a report called "PORT RECLAIM REPORT".

I am installing the beta version in the next days to test it out as we need new features included in this version for our wireless environment (90k+ users, 12 WLC's, 11k+ AP's)

thanks

Camacho,  any changes for this report in the beta version.

Hi Winston,

I am in the middle of a ISE-F5 loadbalancing implementation. Hoping to install the 3.2 in the UCS server next week. I will post the results immediately here.

thanks

Any luck with the 3.2 Port Reclaim report? I have 3.2 installed but the report is only showing a few unused ports when I'd expect hundreds.

Let me doublecheck and post the results. We are already testing 3.2

This is not a TAC issue but rather working as designed.  The report is simply just not available yet in 3.1.x.  Cisco is well aware that many customers are asking for this report and are working on delivering the feature. The report should be avalibale in 3.2.

Two Plus years later and Cisco has yet to put that report in. I am still using LMS to run those reports, but getting harder as we upgrade to newer switches..

Time to learn REST API..

Yesterday I was trying to figure out which switchports are on vlan 100. In LMS you are able to search the configuration archive for the "switchport access vlan 100" command. 

Is there a comparable report or function in Prime Infrastructure?

Why does Ciscoworks/WCS/NCS/LMS/PI always have to be such a pain? This product is supposed to make our jobs easier, not be another job in itself!  (Done venting:)

In Prime 3.1.5 you can search for syntax in all your Configuration Archives simply by typing your search text in the "Application Search" field at the top right of the GUI (see the attached screenshot)

Alternatively you can find all devices with this configuration by using the Compliance Feature.  This however requires the Professional or Standard version installed or the UCS hardware appliance.

Thank you jonas@cisco, my search results are different. 

Have you had a chance to validate if the port reports were build in.

I am hoping to see these reports from LMS reproduced in PI. see attach

I am waiting for PI 3.2 where I am reassured this report will be available.  Hopefully 3.2 will soon be released.  A few months ago on Cisco Live I was told approx. May.  I would rather Cisco waits with the release of 3.2 and perform deep quality assurance.   Really tired of all the bugs and complications associated with almost every upgrade. Quess its really hard to avoid with complex systems.  Personally I do not want to be without Prime Infrastructure so Cisco is excused every time :-)  And no doubt this product is improving every relased...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card