Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure Reporting

terrywatson651
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is any guide out there that tells me how to interpret the reports that can be generated in Cisco Prime.  For example if I run a report on client count per AP, is the result telling me how many different clients connected to that AP in the reporting period, or is it telling me the maximum load?

I can find information on how to run a report but nothing on what the results actually mean.

Regards

Terry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Prime reports can be difficult. What I do is run the report and then look at the data and see what I would need to parse if any. Client counts per ap during a period of time can contain duplicate Mac address of a client, so you would need to remove the duplicates if what you want to see is unique clients. The data can also have the same Mac on other AP’s. So you should run the report or various reports and see what works for you. That is what I’ve been doing for years.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Not that I know of, sadly. Only the description and some guesswork is there.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Prime reports can be difficult. What I do is run the report and then look at the data and see what I would need to parse if any. Client counts per ap during a period of time can contain duplicate Mac address of a client, so you would need to remove the duplicates if what you want to see is unique clients. The data can also have the same Mac on other AP’s. So you should run the report or various reports and see what works for you. That is what I’ve been doing for years.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card