Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) Password Recovery

Hello all, we have the following appliance PRIME-NCS-APL-K9 and need to do a password recovery on it. Built a DVD to boot with Prime infrastructure ISO image 3.x but it won't boot to get to the menu.

Anyone can shed some lights and let me know which image I need to use in order to build a DVD boot and change the password please.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The appliance can sometimes be sensitive to DVD-material-types , do you have an original DVD ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello Marce1000,

No that is the problem, don't have the original DVD.

So you believe the DVD material and application DVD burner is the issue. With the 2.x and 3.x Prime infrastructure ISO image it should boot to password recovery menu.

>So you believe the DVD material and application DVD burner is the issue. 

YES

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Got it, thanks buddy.
I'll do some adjustments here and attempt this again.

Make sure you "finalize" the DVD, that might be required (was in the past for some devices, no idea about the NCS). That is an option in your burn software that you should be able to enable.

Don't these boxes boot off USB?  Much easier these days to use an 8GB USB key and "burn" the medium onto that using some freely available tools like https://rufus.ie/

Tried all types of good DVD brands and software with no success. Attempt with an USB drive and was able to boot. Once password was reset and working was not able to connect to Prime via web GUI. However, SQL database clean-up fixed it.

Thanks all for the assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card