cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Server Specifications

Pierre Nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Would anyone happen to know a good server build would be to run Cisco Prime Infrastructure for 5k in network devices.  I can only find VM information and not physcial hardware specifications in regards to this.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I can only find VM information and not physcial hardware specifications in regards to this.

You won't because CPI only comes in two flavours:  VM and Cisco's "own" appliance.

You won't be able to build a CPI from a generic box anymore (not like WCS). 

Cisco's appliance is from IBM.

View solution in original post

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Kindly check the following link (Data sheet for PI)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/data_sheet_c78-729088.html

and you can check the server specification from cisco and follow cisco recommended as best practice

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco Prime Infrastructure runs on a 64-bit, Red  Hat Linux Enterprise Server 5.4 operating system. You cannot install  Cisco Prime Infrastructure on a standalone operating system such as Red  Hat Linux, as Cisco Prime Infrastructure is shipped as a physical or  virtual appliance that comes preinstalled with a secure and hardened  version of Red Hat Linux as its operating system.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I can only find VM information and not physcial hardware specifications in regards to this.

You won't because CPI only comes in two flavours:  VM and Cisco's "own" appliance.

You won't be able to build a CPI from a generic box anymore (not like WCS). 

Cisco's appliance is from IBM.

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Kindly check the following link (Data sheet for PI)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/data_sheet_c78-729088.html

and you can check the server specification from cisco and follow cisco recommended as best practice

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco Prime Infrastructure runs on a 64-bit, Red  Hat Linux Enterprise Server 5.4 operating system. You cannot install  Cisco Prime Infrastructure on a standalone operating system such as Red  Hat Linux, as Cisco Prime Infrastructure is shipped as a physical or  virtual appliance that comes preinstalled with a secure and hardened  version of Red Hat Linux as its operating system.

Pierre Nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone that have posted.  I was finally able to get a hold of our VAR and they specified the same information after discussing with Cisco.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card