cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.3

BhaskarDS
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone let me know if we can do inline upgrade of Cisco Prime infrastructure Virtual Machine from 3.1 to 3.3 ?

As per the quick start guide , it is mentioned that for upgrading from 3.1.x virtual machine to 3.3, a new virtual machine should be created -

he following steps explain how to install Prime Infrastructure on a virtual machine. Make sure that all of the system requirements are met before you deploy the OVA. Review the sections Understand System Requirements and Before You Begin Installation on a Virtual Machine.

Note

If you are upgrading from a Prime Infrastructure 3.1.x, or 3.2.x virtual machine, you should create a new virtual machine with the same deployment configuration option you used previously (for example, Express, Express-Plus, Standard, or Professional), back up your existing virtual machine, and then restore it on the new virtual machine.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I would suggest to go with Prime 3.4 & you should be able to upgrade directly from 3.1. I have inline upgraded mine from 3.2 to 3.4 without any issues. Here is PI 3.4 quick installation guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-4/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_4_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html

Keep your prime maps exported & application backup taken prior to your work to be safe.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can but I wouldn't recommend it.
To go from 3.1.X to 3.2.X (or later), you'll need to install all the patches. It's slow, tedious and dangerous (because the patch might brick the system).
It's quicker to just export the DB, install a fresh 3.2.X (or later) and re-import the DB.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I would suggest to go with Prime 3.4 & you should be able to upgrade directly from 3.1. I have inline upgraded mine from 3.2 to 3.4 without any issues. Here is PI 3.4 quick installation guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-4/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_4_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html

Keep your prime maps exported & application backup taken prior to your work to be safe.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can but I wouldn't recommend it.
To go from 3.1.X to 3.2.X (or later), you'll need to install all the patches. It's slow, tedious and dangerous (because the patch might brick the system).
It's quicker to just export the DB, install a fresh 3.2.X (or later) and re-import the DB.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card