cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WCS 3502 Antenna question

moody
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to add our 1st AP to the WCS.  After placing the AP on the map it asks for AP details.  Problem is - you can only select 1 antenna from the drop-down menu.  and the air-ant513db-r or ant513d-r don't show up.  it also asks for the antenna degrees - all of ours aren't pointing in the same direction.  not sure how to proceed.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a link to the degree.  As far as the drop down, those are the only choices you can use.  Is the 3502 using exteranal?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2031765

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3155877#3155877

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So I'm assuming you have the 3502e installed?  What version of WCS are you running?

you have the air-ant5135db-r which is just an omni-directional antenna with a gain of 3.5dBi.  you should be able to go in as generic and put the gain of the antenna in, and set the values for antenna directions, this is releative mainly for patch antenna, with the angle relative to the 'x' axis of the map.

So for an omni-directional, a setting of 0 for the angle should be fine, if the antenna is pointed striaght down from the ceiling.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.2/configuration/guide/wcsmaps.html#wp1126390

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

wcs v. 7.0.220.0

yes - 3502e is the ap. 

so what should i do about the fact that the antennas we're using aren't in the dropdown menu.

What antenna are showing up?  You can choose something close to what is in the drop down.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

there used to be an option for a generic antenna as well IIRC, where you could specify the dbi

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The antenna you're using should be reported. Make sure the WLC is in-sync with WCS before placing it on the floor plan.

Ram,

If you are using an external antenna, the WLC/WCS has no knowlege of what type of antenna you have connected, as it's a passive device.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card