Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wi-Fi app

avidaudiovisual
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I recently discovered I cannot cluster a Meraki WAP device with a Cisco WAP device and this leads me to a new issue.

Is there an app for portable devices (Android or Apple) my customer could use to turn her WAP571 On/Off? 

Essentially, the Wi-Fi needs to be able to be turned OFF or ON.

I have heard other vendors offer this type of control via an app and am hoping Cisco do too?

5 Replies 5

Rich R
VIP
VIP
Never used one of these myself but according to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-500-series-wireless-access-points/datasheet-c78-736449.html#Features
- Simple installation and an intuitive web-based configuration and wizard facilitate fast, simple deployment and setup in minutes
So you should be able to make required config changes via the web interface but no mention of an app.
Cisco do have an app which works with the more advanced Catalyst 9100 series APs.

is turning radio on/off based on a schedule an option for this customer?

Unfortunately not.  This is a domestic solution where the customer requires control on an as required basis

Thank you for this.  so does the Catalyst app provide the ability to turn the Wi-Fi OFF/ON?

Yes.
Obviously that assumes you're managing it via the LAN *not* the WiFi otherwise you'll cut yourself off when you turn it off.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card