Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 2504 in Cisco Prime Infraestructure 3.1.0

flielguera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello with everyone, I have a query:
Several months ago I upgraded to the version of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.0 0.132, on my LAN platform, I have several Csco WLC of different models, 4402, 4404, 5508, 2504, all these WLC are registered and monitored by Cisco Prime with the exception of the WLC model 2504, when I intend to register these models the software shows me a screen with an error message that says: "Check whether the SNMP read community, SNMP write community credentiasl are valid", I do not know what is happening, because all the other WLC models have the same reading and writing community; and those models if they register. I have already reviewed and re-checked the configuration, community name and nothing; The Software version of this WLC 2504 model is 8.0.152.0.
Please, can you help me with this problem?
Greetings.
Luis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you also have applied all the patch in your PI. If this is an issue, open a TAC case. They might have to look at the db and clean stuff out.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Try to delete the snmp string on the controller and add it back. Make sure that you also check if you allow that IP address when you create the snmp community on the WLC. You can also remove the WLC from PI and try again and even try with a simpler snmp community for testing.
-Scott

Thank you very much for your reply. I have done what you have indicated, but still, it does not work. I have done an additional test, in the WLC I have only left the reading community. In Cisco Prime, I have removed the security profile from the ADD DEVICE, Credential Profile, and manually placed the reading community, the same error keeps coming out. This error is very rare.

Regards.

Make sure you also have applied all the patch in your PI. If this is an issue, open a TAC case. They might have to look at the db and clean stuff out.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card