Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 5520 adder license question

Robert Edge
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings:

We have 47 sites using a pair of 5520 SSO for FlexConnect. When I add my new RTU 3 Ap license for a small branch the message returned by the WLC said reboot required. Can I ignore this? It’s an operation nightmare to reboot, requires change management and service disruption notices. I thought I read somewhere reboot not required.

3 Replies 3

that´s correct. We can see this on Cisco doc. For RTU they dont ask to reboot, but 

now.JPG

Before it was requested.

before.JPG

Hi Robert,

Just wondering how the AP adder turned out. I am in a similar situation. Cisco doc says just save config but after hitting the set count button..a message popped up that reboot is necessary. if you did reboot,since its in HA, am guessing you had to reboot both controller one time. Appreciate your feedback in advance.

AB

You can always just issue a force switchover on the primary and then wait for the primary to come up and sync. Then issue a force switchover again so that your primary becomes active.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card