cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 9800 MAB for Local Authentication

dthomaz77
Level 4
Level 4

I’m working on a migration from 5508 to a 9800 WLC, and I notice that the local mac filter command “username xxxx:xxxx:xxxx mac ” does not have an option to add a description. Does anyone knows if there is a way to add a description to a user MAC address into the 9800 WLC? Any recommendations to have a way to manage local MAB at the controller?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t think that is possible with the current version and maybe that is something you can ask as a feature.
Have you thought of using a radius server so that you can manage MAC address from one location? Since adding a description is not currently available, seems like you would need a db or spreadsheet with Mac and description that is used for reference.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t think that is possible with the current version and maybe that is something you can ask as a feature.
Have you thought of using a radius server so that you can manage MAC address from one location? Since adding a description is not currently available, seems like you would need a db or spreadsheet with Mac and description that is used for reference.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card