cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC integration with Captive portal (Adipsys)

Yea9632
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have an issue where the captive portale won"t work properly, the problem is that I have control over the WLC only and not adipsys platform

I think I did what should be done in the WLC following the official guide provided by adipsys , here's the link to it https://docplayer.net/23047440-Hotspot-manager-configuration-guide-for-cisco-wlc-adipsys-sas-2405-route-des-dolines-06560-valbonne-sophia-antipolis.html

when a user connect to the AP, it gets redirected to the URL defined but cannot open it, like there's is no internet, thought it was HTTPS redirection problem, enabled it by using "config network web-auth https-redirect enable" but still

I just need to make sure that the problem is not from the WLC side, do you have any idea guys ? where should I look in such situation ?

Thank you 

7 Replies 7

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Sounds like a dns issue, to verify this access the page with IP rather than URL. If you are able to access then create a public DNS A record that maps URL to the Virtual IP address, also don’t use 1.1.1.1 (if you are)

-hope this helps-

Hi ammahend,
you mean the page to which the user is redirected ? i must be missing something here ... btw the WLC is not hosting the captive portal ... the hotspot manger used is Adipsys, users should be authenticated there, I used the External web athentication

Let's start with the basics.
Does the client get a valid IP address, subnet mask, DNS server and gateway for that network?
Can he ping the external guest portal (if it is pingable)?
Do you use an ACL on the SSID and does it allow traffic to the DHCP, DNS and external portal?
Can you telnet hostname-guest-portal 443? If it works, you should get a black screen.

Hello Patoberli,
Found out that the I applied a Local ACL while I should have used Flexconnect ACLs instead, since the APs used are registred remotly in Flexconnect mode. now the user gets the portal Web page and put his infos, the problem is that once he submits the infos he gets back the same page of the portal asking to fill infos again and again and again, what do you think could be the issue ?

That might be a browser issue, can you test with a second client or browser?
Do you see anything in the Adipsys log files?

Yes, tested with a different computer, same thing, and I changed the URL that should be used after logging, same
unfortunately I have no control over Adipsys, I will ask for that.. strange

I haven't worked with that type of web-auth.

What is the output of a 'show client detail macaddressofclient' after he has authenticated once?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card