cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client/AP filtering on WCS

trhayes44
Level 1
Level 1

Any chance the filtering features on the 5508 controller code will make it into WCS at some poiint? Being able to sort these lists would be invaluable.

Trent Hayes

Network Engineer

Verizon Business

5 Replies 5

sabhasin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

could you please clarify what filtering feature you're talking about?

-Saurabh

On the client and AP lists on the controller webpage, you can choose "change filter" or "clear filter". This allows us to get to the information we are trying to find easily. For instance, if I am troubleshooting an AP in in Buffalo, I can filter to all APs beginning with BUFF. I am not able to do the same function in WCS, as all you can do is sort long lists.  We end up having to go back over to the controller sometimes to use this functionality. Sorting and filtering are not the same thing.

I would like to see this filtering added to WCS code to make it a better tool. Is it there and I am just missing it?

-Trent

Trent,

The filtering capabilities were introduced in NCS - an evolution of WCS, and you have the ability in the client list page to create custom (and advance filters) that allow similar, and in some cases, better views. We're looking to introduce this to the AP page over time as well.

-Saurabh

Saurabh,

Will it ever make it into WCS?  or is WCS slated for retirement and NCS its' replacement?

Eric,

This will be available in NCS only; NCS is an evolution (superset) of WCS.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card