Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication of user in channel width config

Hi All,

How user communicate when we implement channel width of 80MHz with AP of 2800 series. Can you please share flow? It helps me defining DCA config implementation

6 Replies 6

Hi

First of all, make sure your device support 80 Mhz channel. I´m saying it because I have experience with clients does not supporting 80 mhz (mostly Qualcomm adapters). 

If your client are good with that, then, the overall procedure is the same for any channel width despite the RSSI required will be higher than narrow channels. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi ,
So, if end device supported then same channels can be used as part of DCA which is used for Channel width 20 MHz

Also help me how user communicate when channel bonding is 80 MHz. Its with all 4 clubbed channels or its with single channel

Hi @Flavio Miranda ,

So, if end device supported then same channels can be used as part of DCA which is used for Channel width 20 MHz

Also help me how user communicate when channel bonding is 80 MHz. Its with all 4 clubbed channels or its with single channel

It depends on the capabilities of the client. If you have 40 or 80 or 160 MHz active, one channel will be the primary and all beacons will still be sent with 20 MHz. If a 40+ capable client connects to the AP, it will use 40+ to transfer data. If an old 20 MHz client connects, that client will use 20.
An AP with enabled 80 MHz supports 20, 40 and 80 MHz channel clients. The client decides what to use of the available channel widths.

Hi @patoberli @Flavio Miranda 

Thanks for replying and contributing to enhance my knowledge towards channel width.

If channel width is 40 Mhz and end device able to support 40 MHz, what channel it take to communicate. Its same channel of 20 Mhz or we have to define other channel in DCA for 40 MHz? How traffic moved in 40 MHz from client machine. As we know , when we define channel width 40 MHz, it block two channel defined in DCA for each AP as per availability. How user communicate, is it communication on both blocked channel or its communication on one channel at a time and on other channel there is beacon 

Check this here:

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/80211ac-a-survival/9781449357702/ch03.html

The chapter "Medium Access Procedures" will show you how channel bundling and the Primary Channel works.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card