cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWA without password - is this possible?

JON SHORTEN
Level 1
Level 1

We have a request to set up CWA such that a guest user must enter personal details & accept the AUP, but is then granted access to the guest network without having to enter a password. Leaving aside the advisability of this approach (it's in a sandboxed demo environment), I can't see any way for CWA to work without a username and password for authentication; am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes this can be done.  what you are looking for is pass-through authentication.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I can do passthrough on the WLC, but I need to authenticate via the ISE for single SSID BYOD; I can't find a way to do passthrough on the ISE, any pointers?

"authenticate via the ISE for single SSID BYOD"

if you need to authenticate (or do differentiated access) you can't do pass-through.  you have to use credentials.

For a pure guest portal you could embed the username and password in the HTML for the submit button.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

If you are not using web pass through over WLC , no other way you can do CWA without password. Credentials will be asked!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card