Helpful
Replies

Daily Pattern Wifi Dropouts on Cisco Air 1142N with Apple Mac devices

Mohamed Hamid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Background:

I have a network of Cisco AIR-AP1142N-E-K9 running with  Version 15.2(2)JB, wireless access points, for the last 1 month users in a specific area of the office floor have complained of WiFi Drop out issues that last for around 5 to 10 minutes, they all use Apple Mac devices with a mixture of Macbook Airs and MacBook pros.

From analysing the access point logs I have noticed the following (this is an example for one client however similar pattern of logs for all clients affected)

Oct  7 16:09:32 10.1.4.43 65964: Oct  7 15:09:32.209: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio1, Deauthenticating Station b88d.1213.14b6 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

Oct  7 16:09:33 10.1.4.43 65965: Oct  7 15:09:32.330: %DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client b88d.1213.14b6 reached max retries, removing the client

The access point seems to be having difficulty communicating with the client and therefore removes the client, physically the client has not moved and the impact this is having is that they cannot access any network services

Word carried out

I have been investigating this and thus far based upon other threads on these forums and suggestions from Cisco documentation I have done the following

• Diable Ciscro Aironet Extentions on Radio 1 and 0 by using

no dot11 extension aironet

• Swapping the Physical access point with a new one with the same config and firmware buy on different frequences

Carried out an analysis of the Wifi signal during the daily drop out time and I am not noticing anything of interest that would indicate why users are facing a daily drop out at 4pm.

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated.

Mohamed

2 Replies 2

Mohamed Hamid
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add I have notficed that clients drop out  to 2.4Ghz after they are dropped out.

Regards

jrmalmeida
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Mohamed,

I'm having the same problem with 1042n.

Did you fix it ?

I found some similar issue here in the forum and for some of them the resolution was to set radio preamble to long (no preamble-short). I did not try it yet.

Thanks and best regards

Jose Roberto

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card