cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Migration from WCS to NCS

Rob Rosado
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a migration from Windows based WCS 7.0.164.3 to NCS appliance (1.2.1-once it is available).  After stopping WCS, I issued the export userdata C:\WCS07Migrate.  The process completed, but did not create a single zip file. I found 2 files created in the tmp directory.   One contains multiple  a folder called

tempDirUserDataFromDb - containing multiple xml files; and another file called ImportExport_ca<number> which contains the maps.  Was there something incorrect in my command?  Can I use still use these files on NCS? Or do I need to redo the export on the WCS?  Thanks

.rob

3 Replies 3

Rob Rosado
Level 1
Level 1

Read Rollin's post from earlier.  Need to upgrade to 7.0.220.

yes, 7.0.230.0 would be even better.

WCS can't be migrated directly to PI 1.2.1. It would be a two step process:

1. WCS 7.0.230.0 to NCS - 1.1.1.24

2. NCS - 1.1.1.24 to PI - 1.2.1.12

Ram

Chellis Dodge
Level 1
Level 1

From what I understand you cannot do a WCS import into NCS 1.2 as the NCS MIGRATE command is not available. You need to use NCS 1.0 or 1.1 to do the migration from WCS, then update to NCS 1.2. We ran into this problem and decided to start over from scratch instead of worrying about the Migration, I didn't want to blow away our 1.2 install.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card