cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Detecting Rogue AP on Network- RLDP

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

I am wanting to enable rogue detection on my 5520 WLC's for the purposes of detecting rogue AP's connected to the wired network.  Is RLDP required to get an alert from the WLC/Cisco Prime?  Has anyone had any experience with enabling RLDP, and are there any negative impacts with production wireless?

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
RLDP is used when you want to detect a rogue device connected to your network. I don’t think it will use that much resources and if I recall, only will use resources when available. You do need Prime and SNMP setup properly. Containment is what you don’t want to use and that can affect the ap performance.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The part that concerns me in enabling RLDP using Access Points(not monitor mode AP) is while trying to associate to the rogue AP, the RLDP AP stops serving clients (up to 30 secs).  Any idea how often this would occur, or the overall impact?  I guess clients would be deauthenticated and roam to another AP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: