cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable the Catalyst 3650 as a WLAN-controller in Cisco Prime?

r.westman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to disable the WLAN-controller in the Catalyst 3650 so they not show up as WLAN-controller in Cisco Prime? We have no plan to use the 3650 as WLAN-controllers and do not want them as WLAN-controller (with a 0 AP-license) in Cisco Prime.

11 Replies 11

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

you can actually disable the WLANS

Switch# configure terminal
Switch(config)# wlan wlan1
Switch(config-wlan)# shutdown

Thanks for your input but that config did not remove the 3650 from the WLAN controller list in Cisco Prime.

I have not tried this myself and don't even know if it is possible, but what is the output of the "show wireless mobility summary" command? If its role is not "mobillity agent" you can try to make it so with "no wireless mobility controller" and rebooting the switch. Than resync the device in PI.

I do not think you can do this.

Once you add a 3650 switch onto PI, it will appear as switch as well as wireless controller. Enabling/disabling wireless management interface does not have any impact.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

As per Cisco TAC there is bug (CSCuv20252) causing the issue in PI for version 3.0.2.

There is no work around available.

It must be resolved in the Patch upgrade for version 3.1.

I have this issue on version 2.2. is there a patch for this? 

Is there a specific state the wireless function of the switch must be configured?

All help appreciated.

Me And You
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue, running prime 2.2

jeremy.girault
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue in 2.2.

Does anybody found away to disable WLAN controller on Catalyst switches in Prime?

Try upgrade switch IOS-XE to beyond 16.3.x this may go away. Beyond that code converged access is not supported and switch should not recognized as  a WLC.

HTH

Rasika

I am running version 16.3.6 on those C3650s but still have the same issues. What is the patch file for this? 

Thanks Rena

Hi Rena,

With IOS-XE 16.3.x codes, WLC function support still there.

Try 16.5.x or 16.6.x & see, that should not have this problem

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: