Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic vlan assignment with MobilityExpress in Windows Radius

NazgulNr5
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I'm looking for some help to configure dynamic vlan (and IP) assignment for users connected to our wireless network.

We use MobilityExpress as a controller and our Radius server is the Windows NPS Radius.

I'm good with the vlan override config on ME but struggle a bit with the Radius config (I just do network but our Windows admin doesn't have clue either). The instructions I found only describe how to set it up with ME and ISE.

Can someone point me to some instructions regarding the Windows Radius setup?

Also regarding the IP assingment, can I make two reservations for the same IP on the DHCP (one for the ethernet MAC and one for the wireless adaper MAC)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There are some older docs out there. Search for “Microsoft NPS vlan override”
Here is a blog on doing vlan override on NPS.

http://wifinigel.blogspot.com/2014/03/microsoft-nps-as-radius-server-for-wifi_18.html?m=1

As far as Mac Address reservation, one binding per MAC address. So wired and wireless does have separate MAC address.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There are some older docs out there. Search for “Microsoft NPS vlan override”
Here is a blog on doing vlan override on NPS.

http://wifinigel.blogspot.com/2014/03/microsoft-nps-as-radius-server-for-wifi_18.html?m=1

As far as Mac Address reservation, one binding per MAC address. So wired and wireless does have separate MAC address.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card