Views
Helpful
Replies

Embedded AP SSIS - Cisco 1941

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can someone tell me the CLI configuration of the assinging the password WEP for SSID created on embedded AP in cisco 1941.

If so, then can we use WEP encryption on cisco 1941 AP ??

One more thing, I am getting message on SSID icon that "Information sent over this network might be visible to others" what does this mean and how to resolve this problem. Thanks

1 Reply 1

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CLI configuration of the assinging the password for SSID created on  embedded AP in cisco 1941. If so, then can we use WEP encryption on  cisco 1941 AP ??

ANS -

en

config t

int dot11 0 or int dot11 1

encryption vlan mode wep mandatory

encryption key 1 size 128 or 40  (if used 128 bit then password will be 26 bit lenght and if 40 bit then its 10 bit password)
end
wr

the above will solve the first issue..

I am getting message on SSID icon that "Information sent over this network might be visible to others" what does this mean and how to resolve this problem.

ANS -

This means that the SSID is getting broadcasted and any one who can scan for wireless signal can connect to it if the credentilas are known.. if you done want to broadcast then the person who connects to wireless should know the SSID to connect.. to make it invisible.. the below commend will do it..

en
config t
int dot11 0 or int dot11 1
no guest-mode
end
wr

This will solve the second question..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card