Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Band Select 5760

Hi everyone... i have a 5760 with 3.3.02 XE ver and i have trouble to connect a several laptops to 802.11n standar with 40mghz channel width  most of them go to 802.11a only or 802.11 on 2.4ghz.

i have a macbook pro mid 2012 and i can't connect to a 5ghz N with 40mghz any one can help me to enable band select and known what can it be the issue?

Best regards!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Fernando,

You can configure band-select for a wlan like below. You may need to momentarily shutdown your WLAN to do this.

5760-1(config)#wlan ABC 21 ABC
5760-1(config-wlan)#shutdown 
5760-1(config-wlan)#band-select 
5760-1(config-wlan)#no shut

"show wireless client mac-address <client_MAC> detail" output should provide detail about client connectivity.

Provide "show run | be wlan <WLAN_NAME> "  & "show run | in ap dot11 "output to see how you configured your 5760.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What happens if you disable 802.11n?

Hi Fernando,

You can configure band-select for a wlan like below. You may need to momentarily shutdown your WLAN to do this.

5760-1(config)#wlan ABC 21 ABC
5760-1(config-wlan)#shutdown 
5760-1(config-wlan)#band-select 
5760-1(config-wlan)#no shut

"show wireless client mac-address <client_MAC> detail" output should provide detail about client connectivity.

Provide "show run | be wlan <WLAN_NAME> "  & "show run | in ap dot11 "output to see how you configured your 5760.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card