Helpful
Replies

encryption guest WLAN

frafrafra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm new of the forum!

we want to provide guest users of a guest WLAN. At the moment we have set up an opened guest WLAN with no Layer 2 and Layer 3 security but with Web-auth actived. We use a Cisco Nac guest access server for the guest accounts and a Wireless controller model n. AIR-WLC4402-50-K9. We have set up an access list on the Wireless controller to permit only the traffic towards internet.

All works but we want to know if it is possible to make the guest WLAN more secure.

the ideal solution could be to have an encrypted guest WLAN with Web-auth actived but the guests mustn't set up any features on their PCs and they just must click on the wireless network to connect to it.

Is it possible? How? Using WPA or WPA2 they have to write the correct key to access the WLAN and we don't want it.

What is the better solution for a guest WLAN?

Please help me!

thanks

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fransesca,

Yes we can do what you are  expecting... this feature is called WEB SLASH PAGE REDIRECT... we can  use the splash page wtth 802.1X authentication..so that the clients no  need to provide the credentials.. here is the link to do the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080956185.shtml

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks for the reply!!

in this case the guest users has to add the guest WLAN and configure manually the WPA2/AES settings in the properties of the WLAN. i want only that the users click on the WLAN without setting anything. in many cases the guest users aren't administrator of their PCs and so they are not able to set up a wireless networks.

i want to use the NAC guest access server for the guest accounts but i want also if possible an encrypted WLAN (not opened).

we don't have Cisco ACS server.

please let me know if i mistake

thanks again

Hi,

if NAC guest Access server is capable of configuring 802.1X then i guess we can do the splash page.. else there is no way we can do something to use encryption.. other that WPA or WPA2 with PSK, where in the Clients should remenber the PSK key...

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card